- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms, torn or cut into large pieces
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2-pound hanger steak, trimmed, pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- Coarsely cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 6″ sprig rosemary
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, about 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium heat. Season steak with salt and cracked pepper. Add steak, garlic, and rosemary to skillet. Cook about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board. Let rest while preparing sauce.
Discard garlic and rosemary from skillet. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat. Add wine; cook, stirring up bits, until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 3 minutes. Strain; return liquid to skillet. Stir in stock; bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; Whisk in 3 Tbsp. butter. Stir in mushrooms and 1 Tbsp. tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon mushroom mixture onto plates. Thinly slice steak; serve over mushrooms. Garnish with remaining 1 Tbsp. tarragon.
nutritional informationOne serving contains:
Calories (kcal) 511.9
%Calories from Fat 72.7
Fat (g) 41.4
Saturated Fat (g) 16.6
Cholesterol (mg) 97.8
Carbohydrates (g) 3.9
Dietary Fiber (g) 0.9
Total Sugars (g) 1.9
Net Carbs (g) 3.0
Protein (g) 30.3
Sodium (mg) 135.5
FOUND AT THE LINK BELOW. NOT MY RECIPE!