THIS IS NOT MY IDEA! IT BELONGS TO CAROLINE AT CHOCOLATE AND CARROTS (SUPER SWEET LADY!) Visit her at the link below!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Hershey’s dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups 60% cacao chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray two parchment paper lined cookie sheets with Pam..
- Mix powdered sugar and cocoa with the salt and slowly stir in the vanilla and egg whites, but only start with 2 egg whites. Don’t overbeat! Just make it like brownie batter. THEN if it’s too thick you should put in another egg white. I didn’t have to do that. I was afraid it would make them too runny.
- Time to add the chocolate chips! My favorite part….
- Put dough by the tablespoon full onto your cookie sheets with about an inch between them. You’ll have a sheet cake if you don’t!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked
- Let them cool completely before trying to remove them so they don’t fall apart. Makes about 30 cookies (I served about 20, yeah what happened to that other 10? 🙂 )