“Absolutely Fabulous” is only a thought away.
It’s true! If you begin your day thinking, gads, I gotta do this today, I gotta do that today, I can’t get ahead, I have too much going on……yadda yadda yadda You’re likely to have talked yourself right out of having a good day. At the end of the day you’ll feel more like throwing your head back and screaming “WIIILLLSSOOONNN!” LOL
I’m guilty of this alot of the time. I have learned that if I give myself a pep talk I end up having a much better outlook and thus a must better day. “There are so many ways to do things for yourself that make you feel better about YOU and about everything else. Here are 7 little tricks that I do:
1) I put a wallpaper on my phone that simply says: “You’ll be okay”. Amazing how each time i look at that screen I remember that all in all…I’m going to be OK. Whatever my situation is, at the end of the day I will be OK.
2) I tell myself while I am getting ready for work that I will be awesome today.
3) I have signed up for various “positive” newsletters in my email so I know each and every morning that there will be something good there.
4) Send nice notes by email to yourself. DO IT. Say something nice to yourself and make it sound like its from someone else. Put what day you want to open the email in the subject line, like “Happy Monday!”, “Wonderful Wednesday!”, “Friday is YOURS!” then send yourself a nice note like, ” I know you will shine today, love! Show them how amazing you are by keeping on smiling no matter what they throw at you. You’re a STRONG woman and there is nothing NOTHING you cannot do.” (I promise you, you’ll feel BETTER right then)
5) Allow myself a treat. I have several sugar free recipes listed here, my favorite being CINNAMON TOAST. I have my special cinnamon toast each day as a treat.
6) Meditate! I have to do this in the evenings as there is no time in the mornings with my schedule. When I meditate, I use some meditation or soothing music to download from itunes or some other place online and upload onto my iphone so I can take it on my walk. You don’t always have to be sitting or lying to meditate. If you can just “get away” for a few minutes and focus on the voice of a guided meditation (using visualization helps) can really help you relax and ground. Put the day behind you. You’re HOME.
7) Go walking. Even if you don’t use an ipod or a meditation download, get out and walk. Notice things, take it all in. You’ll find change (seriously, i found 27 cents last week! Just for walking! 🙂 Look at the changing leaves and breathe in deeply as you go along.
You’ll see soon if you give these things a try in your daily life how much better you’ll feel and ultimately DO at your job and as a parent or a friend.