- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites from large eggs (should be about ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I like liquid forms of Splenda, with zero carbs)
- about 2 Tablespoons water
3) If using powdered sweetener, mix in with unsweetened coconut.
4) Mix dry and wet ingredients together. The mixture should just hold together. Let set a minute or two and you’ll be able to mold them better.
5) Roll into balls a little bigger than an inch in diameter. Slightly flatten and put on baking sheet (whatever shape you put them in is how they will stay, so this is your chance). Put at least half an inch apart.
6) Turn down the oven to 325 F, and bake for about 15 minutes, but start checking them a couple of minutes before. You want them golden brown on the bottom, and just barely starting to brown on top (though if you like them a little crispier, bake a couple of minutes longer).
Makes about 14 cookies, but yield will vary based on size of the cookies.
Nutritional Information: Each cookie has 1 gram effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 2 grams protein, and 76 calories.