This is the first post of a series I want to blog. We seem to want to snack alot lately so I’m looking for healthy snack ideas that wont expand the waist…or drain the budget. These look quick and simple and I already have some of the ingredients on hand.
Ham-and-Cheese Crescent Snacks
- Recipe Provided by Better Homes and Gardens, on Mon Nov 2, 2009 10:01pm PST
cook time: 18 mins
Premade crescent dough helps you get this dish prepped in only 15 minutes. Offer this to your family as an interesting alternative to ham sandwiches or as a quick, casual appetizer before a ball game.
Top ideas for dinner tonight:
- 1 8-ounce package (8) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or American cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Unroll crescent roll dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Pat or roll dough to a 13×9-inch rectangle. Crimp edges of the dough.
- In a small bowl combine butter and mustard; stir until smooth. Spread evenly over dough. Top with ham, onion, and sweet pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through step 2. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. Bake as directed in step 3.